Friday, September 07, 2007

Shizen Nouhou, or Natural Agriculture

Hello, I've been away on a vacation to the Northeast US the last 2 weeks before this one... so some exciting photos of gardens, farms, and restaurants I visited while away are to come. Stay tuned for that.

In the meantime, I read in Orion magazine this very interesting story regarding shizen nouhou farmers in Japan: farmers who say farming is more than farming and whose end goals are nothing short of world peace. For the record, I agree with them on most things, most certainly with the world peace goal. I do add a healthy compost soil to my intensive beds in my hoophouse at Brines Farm, but other than that I pretty much don't add anything - just working with nature as they do. Here is the online version of the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home